You can spend all kinds of time doing market research, reading, and studying your industry. But you may be letting the source of in-depth knowledge about your business go to waste. Consider sitting down with your employees (and even your customers) individually to ask the following key questions.
5 Questions to Ask Others about Your Business
1. If you had to describe our company in a single phrase, what would that be?
You might get some interesting insight from these answers.
2. If you could change one thing about our business, what would it be?
Also ask employees, a follow-up question: If you could change on thing about your job, what would it be?
3. Who are our current and future competitors?
The answer to this might surprise you.
4. What advantage do our competitors have?
Once you learn this, ask for ideas to overcome that advantage.
5. How could we have more fun?
Ask employees this as it relates to their job. Ask customers this as it relates to your buying or delivery experience.