Satisfying difficult customers can be a real challenge. One of the issues in these situations is determining what they want, what they are willing to pay for, and how you can support their needs without giving away the store.
Five Steps to Satisfy Demanding Customers
- Let them know you want to help them. When customers are upset, it can be difficult to have a reasonable conversation with them. In these instances, a great comment/question is “I understand you are upset. What can I do to help you?”
- Uncover necessary details. Ask questions to find out all the information you need to resolve the issue.
- Feed this information back to them. Before offering a solution, restate the problem to assure you understand the problem completely.
- Explain how you plan to solve the issue. Detail for the customer exactly what you plan to do.
- Just do it! Follow through and do what you said you’d do!