Who are your five best customers? If you can’t answer that immediately, then you better rethink the way you’re running your business because the one thing you can’t do without is customers.
Ok, once you’ve got your Top Five in mind, ask yourself, “What would it feel like to loose one of them? Or two…or three?”
Use these five steps to avoid that dreaded “we’ve-found-someone-else” call.
Five Steps to Keep Customers in LOVE with You!
- List your Top Five customers. These can be multiple customers at a single company or multiple companies. Ask yourself: Who do I send the five biggest invoices to each month?
- Open your monthly calendar.
- Create one connection task for each of those five customers and assign a specific date/time during the month. You might send a copy of a great book you’ve read, offer to interview a son graduating from college, send a basket of cookies for the staff, call to see how a partner is doing following surgery….
- Follow through on each activity on the day you assigned.
- Add a recurring task for the first day of every month ensuring you personally connect with your Top Five once a month.