Last week we discussed how to develop a great presentation. But even a great speech can fall flat with the wrong delivery. Think about the worst presentation you’ve experienced, I bet you felt uncomfortable the entire time. Why? Because an audience always wants a speaker to be successful and when she is not, everybody feels embarrassed.
Here are my five key steps to delivering a spectacular presentation.
5 Steps to Delivering a Great Presentation
- Write out your speech and read it into a recorder.
- Listen to your recording over and over, until you can “talk along” with it without looking at your notes. (I do this while walking my dog.)
- Practice in front of a mirror at least three times.
- Memorize your opening and close so that you’ve got them down cold.
- Hold your speech to 90% of the time allotted. Always be a little short.