The holidays are a great time to show appreciation. You can extend appreciation everywhere you find yourself, whether it be at home, on the job, or out in your community. When you show appreciation, you brighten not only the day of the individual you are appreciating, but your own day as well!
Five Ways to Show Appreciation
1. Catch people doing something great and lavish them with compliments. This works for everyone from dogs to employees to kids.
2. Provide honest praise delivered with a smile.
3. Leave a hand written note in a special place where they will “stumble upon” it. Maybe the dashboard of their car, the top of their desk, or tucked away in a small gift.
4. Give them a list of the five things you most appreciate about them.
5. Especially for children: Let them overhear you talking to others about something wonderful they have done.