Video is becoming increasingly important in building a brand—and YouTube is a free, easy way to get your videos out to the market. Here are five steps to building your own YouTube Channel that will help you promote your brand to the world.
Five Ways to Promote Your Brand Using YouTube
1. Create Your Own Channel. Begin by branding your channel to correspond to your company branding. For example, my channel is called The Woman’s Advantage.
2. Organize Your Content from Your Viewers’ Perspective. Organize your content by grouping videos together by date, subject matter or user interest. Give your individual videos logical names that reflect their content.
3. Don’t Be Afraid to Remove Offensive Comments. Keep an eye on comments made in response to your video postings. Most will be complimentary, but that won’t always be the case. Feel free to remove any spam or offensive statements. It is, after all, your channel.
4. Include Subtitles. Subtitles enable individuals who are hearing impaired to experience your message.
5. Promote Your YouTube Channel Everywhere. Just like building a business, don’t assume “If you build it they will come.” Set your YouTube account settings to automatically publish news of a new video to your Facebook and Twitter accounts.