Fear of rejection is one of the top de-motivators among business owners and sales professionals. Don’t let potential rejection stand in the way of your business growth.
Consider these five approaches to get past that dreaded “No.”
Five Approaches to Handle Sales Rejection
- When you get a “no” don’t beat yourself up about it. Move on to the next opportunity.
- When someone gives you an abrupt “no,” consider that they are having a bad day. Perhaps they just received some bad personal or business news.
- Even if you don’t get a “yes,” look for some kind of a win in every sales meeting. Maybe you just have the opportunity to know someone better.
- Remember every “no” gets you closer to a “yes.” Determine how many sales calls/meetings it takes you to land a sale. Then with every “no” you receive subtract one from that number and remind yourself that you are one step closer to your next “yes.”
- Stay positive and grateful. At the end of each day ask yourself “What went well today?