I recently came across an approach to task completion called The Pomodoro Technique™. This approach allows you to accomplish large tasks in short bursts of time and then pull those segments together into large completed projects. Here’s how it works.
Five-Step Pomodoro Technique™
- Choose a task you want to accomplish.
- Set a timer for 25 minutes and get to work. Don’t do anything during this 25-minute period but work on this project.
- When the timer rings, take a 5-minute break.
- Again set the timer for 25 minutes, work until it rings and take a 5-minute break.
- After 4 segments (2 hours) take a longer break. Repeat this cycle until your project is complete.