This Sunday will be the second Mother’s Day since the death of my mother. Here are a few questions that I would ask her if she were still alive. If your mom is still with you, you might spend some time discussing these with her. Real topics like these are far more important than just talking about things that don’t really matter.
Five Questions That Will Help You Understand Your Mother
1. What is one great memory you’ve never shared with me?
I bet her face lights up with this answer.
2. If you could step back in life, what one thing would you do differently?
Imagine the lessons you can learn from the answer to this question.
3. When did you feel the most beautiful in your life?
The memories this question raises will help her overlook her wrinkles and physical limitations.
4. What do you wish you had asked your mother or father before they died?
This gives you the opportunity to ask her those questions before it’s too late.
5. What is the most important lesson you’ve learned in life?
The answer to this question might surprise you.