There is a real difference between quantity and quality of sales calls. And much of it goes back to preparation. Here are five steps to ensure that your sales calls will be effective, efficient and productive.
Five Steps to Launch for Great Sales Call
- Call/email prior to all appointments to confirm. Takes only a minute to potentially save hours of your time.
- Establish your questions and goals for the appointment. Bring this list with you to the meeting.
- Arrive on time. Always allow more travel time than you think it will actually take.
- Determine how much time the other person has. At the start of the meeting, ask: “How much time have you blocked out for this meeting?”
- Create a productive environment. Mention that you’ve turned off your cell phone for the meeting. This should indicate that you’d like an uninterrupted, productive meeting.