Some people tell me they just hate sales. I advise clients who feel this way to rejigger their thought process and liken sales to an activity they love.
You can do this also. Think of an activity that you adore. It could be a sport, spending time with your family, or perhaps cooking. Now think of ways that sales is like that activity. I’ve listed a few examples here. After reading them, you’ll be able to create your own.
Five Ways to Think of Sales Differently
- Selling is like having lunch with a friend where you get to chat honestly, often helping her to solve a problem.
- Selling is like cooking a great dinner and then offering it to your family.
- Selling is like golf, where you do your best and sometimes win.
- Selling is like hiking in the mountains, where your reward is the beautiful view at the top.
- Selling is like being part of a choir, where you sometimes use your voice and sometimes use your ears.