Speaking to groups is one of the strongest ways to present yourself as an expert. And, if you follow the steps below, you have a high likelihood of gaining new clients through your presentations.
Five Steps to Gain Clients by Speaking
1. Learn all you can about the attendees and customize your presentation to them.
Before you even start to prepare your presentation, find out everything you can about the audience and then use examples that are relevant to them.
2. Provide a simple one-page handout that includes your contact info.
When I speak I often use a fill-in-the-blank sheet with my contact info at the bottom. This allows me to present my contact info without using marketing materials.
3. Use examples that show how your products/services have helped others.
You have to use examples anyway, so be sure those examples point to the benefits of your products/services.
4. Give the audience something in exchange for their contact info.
I promise to send attendees one of my specific five-step processes that is relevant to their needs.
5. Follow up with participants within 5 business days of your session.
Generally, not the next day but the following is the best.