Every employee of your firm has the potential to become a walking, talking company advertisement. Whether she is talking to prospective buyers, potential employees, or possible vendors—and whether he is the COO or a fork-lift driver—every employee can spread the good word about your firm.
Here are five steps you can take to encourage these conversations.
Five Ways to Turn Your Employees into Company Evangelists
1. Discuss how the success of the company will benefit individual employees.
Add this as an agenda item to your next staff meeting.
2. Be sure individual employees know that you need their help in spreading the good word.
Ensure that they understand that every comment is important.
3. Tell them they have your permission to brag about the company to everyone they meet.
Remind them that they never know when they might be talking with a prospective customer, or that their next door neighbor might have a sister who is a perfect candidate for an open staff position.
4. Figure out a way to reward them for spreading the good word about the company.
Perhaps you share a bonus with everyone who agrees to participate.
5. Be sure they have something to brag about.
This approach will only work if your company culture and products/services give them something to brag about.